- Implementing SAFe - Booz Allen Hamilton
February 24, 2020 - February 27, 2020
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
This is a private training for associates of Booz Allen Hamilton.
The training will take place at:
Booz Allen Hamilton
745 Space Center Dr
Colorado Springs CO 80915
Implementing SAFe® Class Summary
During this four-day course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), as well as the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and a Lean Portfolio.
The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—will provide them with the basis to teach SAFe® to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe® in the enterprise.
At the end of the 4-day course, participants will have gained the knowledge to take the SAFe® 4 program Consultant (SPC) exam for the SPC certification. The certification acknowledges attendees have gained skills to become a more effective change agent who can implement a Lean-Agile SAFe® transformation and coach who can guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), attendees should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe® roles in the enterprise
Leading SAFe® – Days 1 and 2
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
Implementing SAFe® – Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the SAFe® Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming a SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all four days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant exam and practice as a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
- Exam name: SAFe® 4 Program Consultant Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe® course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score: 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Who will benefit?
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe implementation. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
|Activity Number||SAFeSPC||Duration||4 days|